Institut für Technikfolgen-Abschätzung


ITA Nanotrust Dossiers








 
Open access

Das NanoTrust-Team bietet an dieser Stelle in loser Folge sog. Dossiers an, die in leicht-fasslicher, aber wissenschaftlich fundierter Weise auf ca. drei bis sechs Seiten den aktuellen Wissensstand zu den aktuellen Themen der aufkommmenden Nanodebatte zusammenfassen.

epub.oeaw – Institutionelles Repositorium der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften
epub.oeaw – Institutional Repository of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
A-1011 Wien, Dr. Ignaz Seipel-Platz 2
Tel. +43-1-515 81/DW 3402-3406, +43-1-512 9050, Fax +43-1-515 81/DW 3400
http://epub.oeaw.ac.at, e-mail: epub@oeaw.ac.at

Bestellung/Order


ITA Nanotrust Dossiers






Send or fax to your local bookseller or to:

Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften
Austrian Academy of Sciences Press
A-1011 Wien, Dr. Ignaz Seipel-Platz 2,
Tel. +43-1-515 81/DW 3402-3406, +43-1-512 905-0 Fax +43-1-515 81/DW 3400
http://verlag.oeaw.ac.at, e-mail: verlag@oeaw.ac.at
UID-Nr.: ATU 16251605, FN 71839x Handelsgericht Wien, DVR: 0096385

Bitte senden Sie mir
Please send me
 
Exemplar(e) der genannten Publikation
copy(ies) of the publication overleaf


NAME


ADRESSE / ADDRESS


ORT / CITY


LAND / COUNTRY


ZAHLUNGSMETHODE / METHOD OF PAYMENT
    Visa     Euro / Master     American Express


NUMMER

Ablaufdatum / Expiry date:                      

    I will send a cheque           Vorausrechnung / Send me a proforma invoice
 
DATUM, UNTERSCHRIFT / DATE, SIGNATURE

BANK AUSTRIA CREDITANSTALT, WIEN (IBAN AT04 1100 0006 2280 0100, BIC BKAUATWW, BLZ 11000), KONTO-NR. 00622 800 100, BAWAG/ÖSTERREICHISCHE POSTSPARKASSE, WIEN (IBAN AT976000000002365011, BIC OPSKATWW, BLZ 60000) KONTO-NR. 2365.011, DEUTSCHE BANK MÜNCHEN (IBAN DE16 7007 0024 0238 8270 00, BIC DEUTDEDBMUC, BLZ 70070024), KONTO-NR. 2388270
  Online Edition 
  www.nanotrust.ac.at 
Institut für Technikfolgen-Abschätzung


ITA Nanotrust Dossiers








 
Open access

Ulrich Fiedeler - René Fries
PDF Icon  The budgetary allocation for accompanying research on nanotechnology in Germany, Great Britain and the EU research program (NanoTrust Dossier No. 023en – April 2012) ()

doi:10.1553/ita-nt-023en

Open access
Abstract:
Compared to other technologies, research accompanying R&D activities has been demanded for nanotechnology relatively early. The overall aim of such research is mostly consensual, namely the prevention of hazards for human health and the environment and of other possible adverse effects of nanotechnology. However, the kind of research or the activities to reach this goal were, and still are, highly disputed, in particular the amount of necessary funding. Often a rate of 5% of the overall budget was considered adequate, while some parliaments demanded an even higher rate (Germany 10 %, Netherlands 15 %).

The controversies summarised in this dossier exemplarily show that due to a lack of a national and a European reporting system on the budget of nanotechnology research, the amount of funding for accompanying research cannot be determined unambiguously. The reason for this shortcoming is the very concept of nanotechnology bridging various disciplines and technolo-gies as well as its character as a cross-sectional enabling technology. Thus, nanotechnology is orthogonal to department affiliations and administrative structures. Since research is orga-nized mostly along administrative competencies, and because funding is not listed according to the purpose of the research, the implementation of a meaningful reporting system is a huge challenge. However, without such a reporting system a discussion on the orientation of and the financial support for accompanying research does not make much sense.

Keywords:  budgetary-allocation accompanying-research nanotechnology germany great-britain EU-research-program
Published Online:  2012/05/07 08:16:09
Document Date:  2012/04/23 08:15:00
Object Identifier:  0xc1aa500e 0x002af797

Das NanoTrust-Team bietet an dieser Stelle in loser Folge sog. Dossiers an, die in leicht-fasslicher, aber wissenschaftlich fundierter Weise auf ca. drei bis sechs Seiten den aktuellen Wissensstand zu den aktuellen Themen der aufkommmenden Nanodebatte zusammenfassen.



Vergessen Sie nicht das Login am Server, wenn Sie auf Kapitel zugreifen wollen, die nicht allgemein zugänglich sind.
Links zu diesen Dokumenten werden erst nach dem Login sichtbar.
Do not forget to Login on the server if you want to access chapters that are not freely accessible.
Links to these documents will only be visible after logon.

epub.oeaw – Institutionelles Repositorium der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften
epub.oeaw – Institutional Repository of the Austrian Academy of Sciences
A-1011 Wien, Dr. Ignaz Seipel-Platz 2
Tel. +43-1-515 81/DW 3402-3406, +43-1-512 9050, Fax +43-1-515 81/DW 3400
http://epub.oeaw.ac.at, e-mail: epub@oeaw.ac.at